Can I start by saying I am obsessed with snickdoodle cookies, ok actually anything snickerdoodle; custard, hot cocoa, you name it! I rarely make them as this recipe can be time consuming and complicated, so I was on the hunt for a easy snickerdodle cookie recipe.
Sandra Lee Semi-Homade is one of my favorite cooking shows. She creates inexpensive and delish meals by incorporating fresh foods with prepackaged products. Anything that saves me time and money is a win in my book; especially if it makes me look like a “fancy cook”. I came across one of her snickerdoodle recipes on the back of a bag of sugar I just purchased and decided to give it a whirl.
Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies
You will need…
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together cookie dough and cream cheese. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract until dough is smooth.
Hint: Make sure cookie dough is thawed out and will mix easier if broken into sections
3. Scoop small balls of dough onto a plate covered with the sugar and cinnamon mixture then place balls on a greased cookie sheet
Hint: Dough will be super sticky work carefully and do not expect perfect balls!
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are browned
These easy snickerdoodles would be perfect to bring into the office, a bake sale, or when having company over. I’m not a great baker but this recipe took me 30 minutes total and they are delish!
You might be wondering why I didn’t use my own image, long story short I forgot to grease my pan so the cookies were not exactly feeling the camera tonight